Across Canada Adventure
10 Nights / 11 Days
Experience the Rockies, prairies and Great Lakes on this rail tour across Canada. The tour finishes with Niagara Falls, one of Canada’s most spectacular sights.
Call 1-604-990-9299 or 800-913-9207, Email for more information and reservations.
- 2 day Rocky Mountaineer SilverLeaf Service or GoldLeaf Service
- 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 3 dinners
- 6 nights hotel accommodation
- 3 nights bedroom accommodation onboard VIA Rail ‘Canadian’ train
- Icefields Parkway Tour, including Ice Explorer
- Jasper Tour with boat cruise or walk (lake ice usually melted by end of May, Jasper tour substitute earlier)
- Rail station transfers in Vancouver, Kamloops & Banff
- Hop-on, Hop-off Bus Tour of Vancouver (2 day pass)
- CN Tower admission
- Toronto sightseeing tour
- Niagara Falls tour with meal (full day
- Prices depend on travel dates, number of travelers, train service, hotels and extras.
- See all prices below
- Call 1-604-990-9299 or 800-913-9207, Email for more information and reservations
|Across Canada by Train – 2019 Prices|
|Start Dates||SILVERLEAF||GOLDLEAF||GOLDLEAF DELUXE|
|Apr 18 – 30||$5,389||$7,099||$7,589|
|May 1 – 23||$6,149||$7,849||$8,369|
|May 24 – 31||$6,469||$8,129||$8,649|
|Jun 1 – Sep 30||$7,109||$8,799||$9,319|
|Oct 1 – 10||$6,749||$8,299||$8,819|
Rates are per person, in CAD, before taxes based on Double occupancy
Starts in Vancouver
Day 1 Vancouver
After checking into your hotel the time is yours for touring Vancouver. A “Hop-on Hop-off” bus pass provides you with convenient access to some of Vancouver’s biggest attractions including Chinatown, Stanley Park, Gastown, English Bay Beach, the Robson Street Shopping District and Granville Island.
Day 2 Vancouver to Kamloops
You’ll travel northeast out of Vancouver aboard a Rocky Mountaineer train. Your route glides through the Fraser River Valley, skirting past the fir-covered Canadian Cascade Mountains and Hell’s Gate, the valley’s most famous landmark. The route bends east at the Thompson River and enters a stark landscape of barren hills. You’ll spend the second night of your Canadian vacation in Kamloops.
Day 3 Kamloops to Banff
Today’s rail-ride snakes into the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Upon crossing the Continental Divide, you’ll enter Alberta and continue east into Banff, a designated world heritage area. The route winds in and around a labyrinth of snow-capped peaks, cascading streams and ancient glaciers. Some of the more notable landmarks include the Spiral Tunnels, Rogers Pass, and Craigellachie, the historic site where the Canadian Pacific Railway’s last spike was pounded in 1885. You’ll arrive in Banff in the early evening.
Day 4 Banff
A guided 4.5 hour tour will help maximize your Banff experience. You’ll visit Bow Falls (made famous by Marilyn Monroe in River of No Return). Tunnel Mountain Drive will afford you spectacular views of Mount Rundle, Cascade Mountain and Banff’s famous hoodoos. Your tour will be capped by a ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain aboard the Banff Gondola, providing you with a true mountaintop experience. Standing at 2,281 meters (7,486 feet), you’ll be afforded panoramic views of the surrounding Bow Valley.
Day 5 Banff to Jasper
Your tour shoots northwest up the Icefields Parkway, hailed as one of the world’s most scenic stretches of highway. Snow-powdered peaks frame both sides of the route, providing view after spectacular view of mountain awe. To maximize your mountain experience, along the way you’ll board a specially designed Ice Explorer bus and venture onto the Athabasca Glacier. This massive flow of ice and snow is part of the Columbia Icefield. You’ll spend the night in Jasper, another of Canada’s famous mountain resort towns.
Days 6, 7, 8 and 9 Jasper to Toronto
An afternoon train departure out of Jasper will start to showcase Canada’s geographical diversity as you travel east aboard VIA Rail’s Canadian train. Over the next four days, you’ll journey through Edmonton and then into the provinces of Saskatchewan and Manitoba, home to Canada’s vast prairies and grasslands. Your train then continues into Ontario and travels just north of the Great Lakes, passing through scenic towns and villages hemmed by thick hardwood forests. You’ll arrive in Toronto on Day 9. Overnight in your Toronto hotel. We’ve included a CN Tower Pass to use at your leisure.
Day 10 Day Trip to Niagara Falls
The Niagara Falls full day tour will bring you to one of Canada’s most spectacular sights. You will make your way to Niagara through the towns of Hamilton – “the steel capital of Canada”, St. Catharines – “the fruit basket of Ontario”, and the wine region of the Niagara Peninsula. An ample amount of time will be spent at the falls to give you every opportunity to take pictures and admire the thundering waters. Included is a thrilling boat ride on the Hornblower for a unique view of the spectacular Horseshoe Falls. Other highlights include a meal and a trip along the beautiful Niagara Parkway which winds its way along the Niagara Gorge passing through the historic community of Niagara-on-the-Lake. Overnight in Toronto.
Day 11 Toronto
Your tour ends upon checking out of your Toronto hotel.
Levels of Service
Rocky Mountaineer: SilverLeaf and GoldLeaf Service
- SilverLeaf Service includes reserved seating in a custom built single level car with expansive windows curving into the ceiling, hot breakfast and lunch served at your seat, and complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during the day.
- GoldLeaf Service – Reserved seating in the GoldLeaf elevated dome car. Breakfast and lunch are served in the GoldLeaf dining car and GoldLeaf passengers have access to the outdoor viewing platform.
Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are included.
- GoldLeaf Deluxe – All the amenities of GoldLeaf with upgraded rooms at your overnight accommodations.
- View the Differences between SilverLeaf and GoldLeaf Service