Rocky Mountaineer Train: Vancouver to Banff: 2021
A Memorable Trip: Canadian Rockies
The Rocky Mountaineer train between Vancouver and Banff Naational Park (service available both directions) is our most popular short train trip for a number of reasons.
This two day Rocky Mountaineer trip gives you the chance to travel through Canada’s Rocky Mountains, and spend a night or more in Banff National Park that includes the most picturesque town in the Canadian Rockies.
Furthermore, Banff is only 55 km (34 miles) from Lake Louise so you are close enough to visit one of the world’s most popular destinations. We offer 6.5 hour tours to Lake Louise that include Lake Louise, lunch and a stop at Johnston Canyon.
Finally, Banff is only 140 km (86 miles) from Calgary International airport, the closest airport to the Rockies.
Airport shuttles are available between Calgary airport and Banff seven times each day and take 1 hour 45 minutes.
Because Banff is the visitor hub of the Canadian Rockies, the two day train trip between Vancouver and Banff forms the basis for many of our Rocky Mountaineer Rail packages.
These two day / one night trips are available, in both directions, from the last 10 days in April until the first two weeks of October. Choose from one of the options below.
There is NO train service to Calgary. However, all packages that begin or end in Calgary include a transfer between Banff National Park or Lake Louise and Calgary airport or downtown Calgary. We can also add tours and rental cars between the Rockies and Calgary.
Call us at 1-800-913-9207 or 604-990-9299, Email for more information and reservations.
- Two days on the Rocky Mountaineer
- Breakfast and lunch both days on the train
- Overnight accommodation in Kamloops
- Transfers between the train and hotel in Kamloops
- Add hotel nights in Vancouver, the Rockies and Calgary
- Add airport transfers
- Add nights in Vancouver and/or Calgary
- Add nights in the Rockies: Jasper, Lake Louise and/or Banff
- Add a rental car in the Rockies
- Add tours in Vancouver and the Rockies
- Prices depend on number of travelers and train service (GoldLeaf or SilverLeaf Service), activities and hotels
- Call 1-800-913-9207or 604-990-9299 or Email for more information and prices.
Levels of Service
Rocky Mountaineer: SilverLeaf and GoldLeaf Service
- SilverLeaf Service includes reserved seating in a custom built single level car with expansive windows curving into the ceiling, hot breakfast and lunch served at your seat, and complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during the day.
- GoldLeaf Service – Reserved seating in the GoldLeaf elevated dome car. Breakfast and lunch are served in the GoldLeaf dining car and GoldLeaf passengers have access to the outdoor viewing platform. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages on the train and overnight accommodations are included in Kamloops.
- View the Differences between SilverLeaf and GoldLeaf Service